Opticoat® glass coatings are a range of proprietary wax emulsion concentrates for use on returnable glass bottles. The wax emulsion is used to apply a masking coating on glass containers. Opticoat® coating masks scuffs in glass to renew the appearance of bottles beyond 50 fills. Opticoat® coating can be applied to labeled bottles and does not slow filling plant speed.
- Opticoat® solution to mask scuffing rings
Beverage manufacturers need a solution to keep returnable glass packaging looking new, even after many cycles of filling and shipping to customers. Brand image depends on having a bottle look clean and free of scuffing or cracking.
To help the bottle survive the returnable life-cycle, Arkema developed the Opticoat® technology. Opticoat® masking coatings are designed to:
- Mask scuffing rings and help bottles appaer “new” by providing a nice and shiny look and feel
- Offer competitive advantage over uncoated bottles
- Function well on dry or cold and wet bottle surfaces > Opticoat® 140/150
- Survive harsh storage and transport conditions