Feeder expendable refractories are manufactured under licence to . This licence allows access to the designs and specifications of refractory parts for Emhart gob feeders and includes also the Emhart refractory formulations of 333, 315 and 311.
- PSR-333 is the internationally renowned feeder expendable refractory material that combines long service life with excellent thermal shock properties.
- PSR-333-FG is a derivative of PSR-333, re-formulated for the manufacture of thin-walled special shapes such as orifice rings.
- PSR-315 combines a higher zirconia content with higher firing temperatures and offers enhanced corrosion characteristics for spout bowls and large diameter feeder tubes.
- PSR-315-FG is a derivative of PSR-315, re-formulated for the manufacture of special long-life orifice rings.
- PSR-311 is a high alumina composition used mainly for tubes and plungers in tableware manufacture where materials containing zirconia cause excessive initial seeding after refractory replacement.
Manufactured by the slip-casting process, all PSR feeder expendable compositions are direct bonded with strong ceramic bonds created at high firing temperatures without the use of added chemical reactants.